Job Posting: Public Works Foreman
The Village of Delia is seeking an experienced individual for the position of Public Works Foreman. The successful applicant will be responsible for the overall operations of the Public Works Department. The Public Works Foreman will ensure that service delivery and general public works operations are carried out in a cost efficient, cost effective, and customer friendly manner, while meeting municipal standards and statutory obligations.
The Public Works department is responsible for the maintenance of streets, roads, sidewalks, parks & campground, water lines & distribution, wastewater collection & treatment, garbage collection, equipment and vehicles.
Information about the Village of Delia can be found at www.delia.ca.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Foreman is responsible for:
• Operating & servicing a variety of equipment such as a skid steer, garbage truck and mowers.
• Using all types of hand tools. (Manual or powered, skilled or non-skilled.)
• Maintenance of all roads, utilities, buildings and equipment.
• Maintenance of all parks and campground.
• Operation of all water distribution, wastewater collection & treatment and garbage collections systems in a safe, effective and efficient manner, at all times within the requirements of the current License to Operate.
• A valid Alberta drivers license is required
• Must be able to communicate well, both orally and in writing
• Small Systems Water & Wastewater Operator Certification, or willing to obtain
• Confined Spaces, Ground Disturbance, WHMIS and First Aid/CPR certifications, or within 6 months of hire
• Experience in Water-Wastewater Operations would be an asset
• Experience with a variety of equipment is required
• Computer skills would be an asset
• Knowledge of municipal infrastructure and reporting would be an asset
The position is based on an average 37.5 hour work week (Monday to Friday). Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume including a cover letter with salary expectations to the address below. Please note that only those people to be interviewed will be contacted, however we thank all applicants for their interest.
Send Resumes via Mail or Email to the attention of:
Tracy Breese, Chief Administrative Officer
Box 206 Delia, Alberta T0J 0W0
Closing date for applications is February 12, 2021 or until a suitable candidate is found.