The Village of Delia provides for the distribution and collection of water and sewer. The Water, Sewer, Regional Waste Site and Garbage fees are all collected monthly by the Village of Delia. The charges for providing these services are as follows:
- Fixed Operating Charge of $20.00 per month
- Water Charges: $3.30 per cubic meter up to 20 cubic meters / $4.00 per cubic meter over 20 per month
The source of water is the Red Deer River. The water treatment is provided by the Henry Kroeger Regional Water Commission.
Sewage Treatment Rate – Flat rate of $17.00 per month.
CONNECTION AND DISCONNECTION FEES
If at any time the Municipal Utility Service is connected or disconnected, there shall be a fee of $50.00.
Each new account will require a deposit of $219.00.
A 10% penalty will be assessed on all arrears unpaid at the time of the next billing.
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE UTILITY BILLS ARE TO BE PAID BY THE LAST DAY OF THE MONTH.
Garbage & Recycling
Residential garbage is collected once a week. Every Monday unless there is a Statutory Holiday then pick up will follow on the Tuesday. The garbage rate is monthly and is $16.00. In addition, we charge a $5.00 per month Landfill Requisition Fee.
Garbage Preparation Tips
- Please ensure that the bags are not over 50lbs each or we may have to look at limiting the number of garbage bags per week as well. If the garbage is over 50lbs in weight, we will not pick it up.
- Garbage and waste must be drained and securely wrapped and properly tied.
- must be clean, dry & corrugated – NO waxed boxes
- box board – i.e. cereal, soap or dry food boxes
- please remove plastic liners, wood inserts, packing, etc
- please flatten all boxes
- brown paper bags & brown paper envelopes
- clean & dry newspapers, TV times, Auto Traders, etc.
- any flyer’s that come with the newspaper may go with the newspaper
- glossy magazines & manuals with staples, glue or string binding
- you may rinse, remove label & flatten but not necessary
- no beer caps, bottle caps or canning lids that have plastic or rubber liners
- NO paint cans, aerosol cans, propane tanks, gasoline or fuel containers, batteries or foil products
- All #2 plastics must be clean and contain no contaminants such as steel handles or foil seals
- NO Styrofoam of any kind or food bags
- All beverage & milk containers